Monday, November 5, 2018

of bohemian rhapsody -- su bohemian rhapsody


I don't know why I have such a hard time with simplicity

I went to see Bohemian Rhapsody and I haven't enjoyed a movie this much for a very long time. 
Leaving the theatre feeling inspired and stunned by the awesome music was not enough. 

NO

I have to know things inside-out and back-to-front, so I went home in a spirited state, got out my guitar, found the chords for the biggest Queen hits, watched interviews with the actors, found out how the movie was made and how they got the voices of the crowd singing along at Wembley during Live Aid.
They actually had a webpage where anybody could upload their voice singing to the songs in the movie, then they combined them all together and voilà Wembley. 

Can you imagine being part of a project like that? 

But there is certainly a reason why I didn't find out about this in time to add my own voice: I did not deserve to be part of such magic. 
I did, in fact, and I am not proud of it, give ALL of my Queen CDs to my brother when I got married, because my husband didn't like their music, he was more a Reggae kind of guy. 
Don't get me wrong here, he didn't MAKE ME give up my CDs, I was just one of those love-drunk brides who believes that the love of their life is going to make up for any sacrifice

AS IF 

Of course since Spotify came along (and iTunes before that) I have downloaded all of the Queen repertoire on my electronic devices, thinking that Freddie, from up there, will forgive my momentary lapse of judgement and betrayal. 

BUT NO

Because the music on Spotify is fleeting. It's there but not really. It doesn't have  the lyrics in the inside cover. It's not part of the home you live in. It's not tied to the memory of that day when you went into that record shop and spent your teenage money to have it. 

NO

Spotify is to CDs what a one night stand is to a long-lasting, loving relationship.
Unless it's a give-up-your-music kind of relationship. 
In that case, good luck.

------------------------------------

Non so perché io non possa semplicemente prendere le cose come sono. 
Sono andata a vedere BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY e devo dire che da anni non vedevo un film così bello. 
Ma uscire dal cinema ispirata e stordita dalla musica meravigliosa di Freddie non era sufficiente.

NO

Devo sviscerare tutto a fondo finché non ne conosco il perché e il percome, il dentro e il fuori, il davanti e il dietro. Così sono andata a casa e come posseduta dal demonio ho preso la chitarra e ho cercato gli accordi per le canzoni dei Queen, ho guardato le interviste con gli attori del film, ricercato come hanno fatto a fare il film e come hanno replicato le voci del pubblico dello stadio di Wembley durante l'iconico concerto del Live Aid.
Hanno fatto così: c'era un sito di internet su cui chiunque poteva cantare le canzoni dei Queen e registrare la propria voce che poi veniva combinata con tutte le altre e voilà Wembley!

Ma ve lo immaginate partecipare ad un progetto del genere?

Ma c'è una ragione per cui io ne sono stata esclusa e non ho scoperto questo sotterfugio finché non era troppo tardi per registrare anche la mia di voce: non meritavo di partecipare a cotanta magia
Ho infatti commesso l'errore, e non ne vado di certo fiera, di aver regalato a mio fratello TUTTI i miei CD dei Queen quando mi sono sposata, perché a mio marito non piaceva la loro musica, lui è sempre stato uno un po' Reggae. Non è stato lui a farmeli dar via, sia chiaro, sono io che ero una di quelle spose rimbambite che pensano che l'amore della loro vita compenserà qualsiasi sacrificio.

BUONANOTTE

Naturalmente da quando c'è Spotify (e prima ancora iTunes) ho scaricato la musica dei Queen sui miei aggeggi elettronici, sperando che Freddie da lassù perdonasse il mio momentaneo tradimento.

MA NIENTE DA FARE

Perché la musica su Spotify è fuggevole. C'è ma non proprio. Non ha i testi delle canzoni nella copertina. Non fa parte dell'arredamento della tua casa. Non è legata al ricordo del giorno in cui da ragazzina l'hai comprata nel negozio di dischi, spendendo tutti i tuoi risparmi.

NO

Spotify sta ai CD come l'avventura di una notte a una relazione stabile e duratura
A meno che non sia iniziata dando via la propria musica. In quel caso, buona fortuna. 
(pic by me, all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment