Thursday, May 26, 2016

of the perfect family -- sulla famiglia perfetta


I know I cannot compete with my son's Spanish host family. 
He will go back to stay with them this summer and we will just drop deeper into our pit of shame and inadequacy. I am done trying to compete with them.

They have a dog.
They eat everything fried.
The dad plays video games with the kids until 3 am.

I rest my case.

-------------------------------------


Non posso vincere contro la famiglia Spagnola che quest'estate ospiterà per la seconda volta mio figlio durante le vacanze. Non possiamo fare altro che scivolare ancora più giù nella nostra profonda vergogna ed inadeguatezza. Non possiamo competere.

Hanno un cane.
Friggono tutto quello che mangiano.
Il padre gioca alla playstation coi ragazzi fino alle 3 di mattina.

Mi arrendo.

(pic by me, all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment