Friday, August 11, 2017

of the jet-lagged princess -- della principessa col jetlag


And also, I had not disappeared, was just wrestling with jetlag, every expat’s unrelenting lover. I couldn’t sleep and when I slept I dreamt that I couldn’t sleep
And tried to think of a story to lull myself into a deeper slumber, but could only think of Princess Aurora, who missed all the fun of dancing with the Dwarfs and sewing her gown with the mice, and flying on a magic carpet ride, but at least SHE COULD SLEEP.

-------------------------------------

Eh, no, non ero scomparsa, stavo solo lottando col jetlag, l’amante persistente di ogni expat. Non riuscivo a dormire, e anche quando mi addormentavo, sognavo che non riuscivo a dormire.

E provavo a raccontarmi una favola per cullarmi in un sonno un po’ più profondo ma mi veniva solo in mente la principessa Aurora, che si è persa tutto il divertimento di ballare coi sette nani, e di cucire il vestito da sera con i topolini, e perfino il giro del mondo sul tappeto volante, ma per lo meno DORMIVA.  

(pic by me, all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment